Regulating Woes

Joseph Alkana jfa19@IDT.NET
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 19:11:31 -0700

Terry Beckingham wrote:

> At 08:47 PM 7/19/99 -0400, you wrote:
> >
> >Does this apply to upright actions, ......I doubt it (other than Newton) as
> they are all on their way to KC.
>
> Cheers
>
> Terry

Terry,
We're not all on our way to KC...yet! Still packing.
My two cents worth is that hammer springs should be regulated to be even and
certainly if they're above the butt or pointing to the ceiling they will be too
strong. I believe the important thing is that the hammer return slower than the
whipen anyhow. If the damper springs are too strong (probably in an attempt at
compensating for lack of dampermass, incorrectly) obviously that will affect the
touch to the pianist. But so also will improperly timed dampers as part of the
total stroke.

Joseph Alkana  RPT