Removing grand backcheck wires from keys

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 08:29:33 -0600

I worked on a model 66B? Chickering upright  (1921) this week that had
several backcheck wires broken off at the wippen.   Should a person
attempt to drive out the remaining wires or just drill a new hole and
install new ones?   Could you give suggestions as to how you would do
this in the field? ( Piano was 48 miles from my shop.)

John R. Fortiner
Billings, MT.