Regulating Woes

Terry Beckingham beckingt@mb.sympatico.ca
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:48:33 -0500 (CDT)

Hello Cia,

I don't believe the key height is too low. When I got this piano it had
piles of cardboard shims under all parts of the keyframe. The bottoms of the
keys were actually above the key slip. I removed all of the shims and only
inserted shims where necessary to level the keyframe. My key height is now
just under 2 3/4". I think this is a little high but I cannot go lower. I
used the thinnest felt punchings on the balance rail pins and leveled from
the highest key that had no paper punchings under it. I don't have the specs
for this piano, but key height should probably be about 2 1/2". I could
probably go a little higher, but not very much or I would end up once again
with the key bottoms above the keyslip.

That's one more item I can try though. Maybe that is why there was so much
cardboard to begin with. Thanks for the suggestion.

Terry Beckingham