Removing grand backcheck wires from keys

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 18:16:07 -0600

Ah Ha --------- so you are getting them in WITH the backcheck already
attached to the wire - correct?  I was trying to figure out how to drive
just the wire in without the backcheck attached and without damaging the
threaded portion of the wire.  (A brass driver with a hose drilled in it
to keep it on the top of the wire???)
btw The other day when I had to replace a few bkck wires I drilled a hole
in the existing wippen a little larger than the new fluted wire and used
5 minute epoxy to set it in.  At the temps that we have been having up
here that 5 minute stuff was like a rock in about 3 minutes.  ( Good
thing those wires are bendable) :-)

John R. Fortiner