Princess Piano

Maxpiano@AOL.COM Maxpiano@AOL.COM
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 22:07:14 EDT

While on vacation last week I was asked if I could provide any information on
a miniature "upright" piano a friend of my brother's had inherited.  It is a
straight strung stencil piano (no name cast in plate) with "Princess Piano,
L. H. H. INC NY Sole Agents" on the fallboard, and "K K Trade Mark" on the
lid.  Single string unisons on all 40 notes.  If "K K" refers to K. Kawai,
the number 655 stamped on the back would date it soon after Kawai's founding
in 1927.  Not being privy to value of such things as collector's items, I
resisted the temptation to tell the man I didn't think it had any particular
value.  Can anyone enlighten me?

Bill Maxim