Pinblock Question

SprBil@AOL.COM SprBil@AOL.COM
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 05:27:03 EDT

Hi Ed,

Nick Gravagne had a series of articles in the Journal a few years back that
outline the whole procedure very well. It is the method that I have used now
for several years.  Like Brian Trout, Nick Gravagne's method has you drill
the block outside of the piano with a drill press.  Pianotech has some real
nice drill bits for this.

I don't know the exact dates of the articles, but they may be in the "Journal
reprint kit" available from the Home Office.  Maybe someone else has this
specific information.

Bill Springer, RPT
Honolulu

>>I know most are at the convention, but I am about to replace my first
pinblock.  I have a few questions.  How do I drill out the holes in the
block?  What drill press do I need to buy to plunge that low?  I know it
needs to be modified to allow a 7 degree angle but how do I get it to work?
In the back of the Journal there are a few people who sell videos and "how
to" books on this topic.  Who has the best info on the subject?  I don't want
a disaster the first time out.<<