Convention Report

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 16:02:33 -0500

Howdy all!

I just got in from the airport less than an hour ago from
K.C.  It was another great convention and there was lots to
see and do.  Many members from this list joined in a group
pow-wow for about a half hour in one of the conference
rooms.  I talked with lots of folks I hadn't seen in a while
and everyone had a good time.  The Young Chang reception was
decent, certainly the best I have seen from them.  Kawai put
on a wonderful concert featuring Pianist Judith Cohen who
played some Scarlatti, Ravel, and Alberto Ginastera.  As
always Yamaha had the place rockin' with the A-440 band.  I
was disappointed in Steinway.  They had a jazz trio that
performed like they wished they were somewhere else.  It was
held outside in the 90 degree weather and a countable number
left.  Many felt rather disappointed.  Larry Crabb of course
did an excellent job entertaining us with the annual
barbershop chorus.

I attended some wonderful classes. An excellent grand
trouble shooting class with Willis & David Snyder, a neat
class on ivory and bone keytops with Tom Rourk, and one on
replacing vertical pin blocks with the ever entertaining
Andre Bulduc.  As always I also caught up on the latest
voicing tricks and the like.  Of course I couldn't walk away
without buying tools that I couldn't afford!!

So, two thumbs up for another great year and hope to see
more of you in DC/Virginia next year!!

Rob Goodale, RPT