Query: removing agraffes

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@roadrunner.com
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 08:41:45 -0600

At 07:47 AM 7/26/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I am prepare to restring a baby grand.  I would like to remove the
>agraffes before refinishing the plate.  I have never done this before
>(except for removing a broken one here and there).  I would appreciate
>any advice.  Thanks.
>John Gunderson, Associate Member, North Jersy Chapter

John,
	Why bother? Brass brush the agraffes, and then cover them with short
chunks of shrink tubing from an electrical supply store. Get tubing with an
I.D. the same as the agraffe, and heat it slightly the first time you use
it. (them) Pieces about 11/2" - 2 " will do nicely. Re-use often.

Have fun,
Guy Nichols, RPT

On the other hand, you've got different fingers.