Rig a Gig Gig

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 09:40:43 -0600

Hi Joe,
            I'm not quite following you, left and right models have been
developed so that it will allow for cuts with the shanks installed. This
means that the fence has to be fitted on the opposite side of the fence.
On some grands the base hammers have to be trimmed to a 9.5mm parallel cut
so the fence side MUST be square to the uncut hammer.
We have experimented with quite a lot of different methods of feed to the
blade, this way seems to produce less blade chatter and seems the safest.
The numerous classes that I have taught has all been done with two jigs,
with very good reviews and reproducibility.
I would like to try any major changes on a few sets of hung hammers, before
making any really serious comments, as the glitches only become apparent
 in use. Want to see the size of my scrap box. BIG SMILE.
Roger

At 07:40 AM 26/07/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi Roger,
>I have been studying the hammer tail device you gave me to develop.
>As I look at it it seems to me that a slight change would enable one to
>make the two mirror images into one gig on the same base. I am thinking
>that if one changed the angle adjustment screw that is on the side to a
>slotted slider that moved in a slot in the front of the tool, the mirror
>image could be back to back on the same base with two holddowns and two
>slider adjustments on the  opposite sides of the tool that hold the hammer.
>Please let me know what you think about this idea.
>You can call me at 1 800 343 5257 if you wish to talk directly to me or by
>email.
>Joe Goss

Roger Jolly
Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre