Uniform backcheck heigth

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 08:52:51 -0400

Well, if you really have to know.  When I was young and a smart south
part of a north bound donkey (now I am an old one) I was changing a
set of backchecks on a grand and doing just that.  Locking the grips
against the underside of the block.  Back then we didn't have the fine
control tools we have today so when the block met the grips the wire
broke right at the grips.  Big problem, no replacement wires, so I
pulled the wire out of the key and used epoxy to glue a small stub
into another backcheck then did the same in the key to get the right
height.  Some days I can be SO stupid! ;>(

		Newton