polishing agraffes (short)

Walter216@AOL.COM Walter216@AOL.COM
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 22:43:00 EDT

I usually replace old agraffes as a new set is cheaper than the labor to
recondition an old set.  However, on those rare instances when I do reuse the
original set, I use a vibrating polisher to clean & polish the agraffes in
one step.  I fill the polisher with ground corn cobs or walnut shells, toss
in a tbsp. of liquid polish & add agraffes.  Two hours later I have a set of
agraffes that look brand new.  I sometimes get new agraffes that have already
tarnished to some degree.  For these, an hour in the polisher makes them
glow.  It's also great for the brass duplex rests in older Baldwins, M & H,
etc. or any small brass, nickel or chrome parts that are hard to polish by
hand.

Vibratory polishers run about $40-70 depending on capacity & can be purchased
from places that sell ammunition reloading supplies.

Walt Connell
Dallas, TX