Plate hoists - portable?

Ron Torrella torrella@umich.edu
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 09:54:21 -0400 (EDT)

Never having ventured outside of the shop to do a plate removal, I'm
wondering if anyone is aware of a portable plate hoist that's available
for purchase. Has anyone rented an engine hoist to do this? I've
occasionally heard where 3-5 individuals managed to lift the plate out of
a piano, but manpower and the (high?) risk of injury eliminate this as an
option.

Please copy your reply to the Reply-To address above.  Thank you!

Ron Torrella, RPT
Piano Technician
University of Michigan		   "Dese are de conditions dat prevail."
School of Music						--Jimmy Durante
734/764-6207 (office/shop)
734/763-5097 (fax)
734/572-7663 (home)