Tilting on the lyre

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@roadrunner.com
Tue, 01 Jun 1999 12:26:01 -0600

At 08:06 PM 5/31/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I like everything in the post except the swivel wheel dolly.  I
>seldom see a serious piano mover use one.  The only one I
>know of in the Bay Area also dead lifts the piano/skid to install
>the dolly.
>
>David Ilvedson, RPT

Hi David,
	Yeah, I know the swivel thing is an issue. We are serious movers, though,
and I have tried non-swivel and half-swivel systems, also. I just prefer
the swivel. I use one "non-swivel" two-wheeled all-terrain home-made dolly
contraption that you wouldn't believe. When you really want to boogie,
spin, dance in the gravel, or jump a step or two or three, it's the cat's
meow. Just the right size for a standard swivel dolly to rest on, resulting
in a two-tiered, six-wheeled monster that can't be beat. Also acts as an
out-rigger for long grands. We aren't "full-time" movers, by any means, but
we are the only ones in the book, so we get a lot of calls. Also handle all
of my store and shop transport needs. One thing about Fort Stinkin' Desert,
though.... not alot of stairs.

SeeYa,