Tilting on the lyre

DGH9442@AOL.COM DGH9442@AOL.COM
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 10:13:58 EDT

David:

In as far as I know, the skid board is NOT on the dolly prior to tilting the
piano down onto the skid board.  Perhaps some very skilled movers are capable
of this maneuver, but I have never tried it.  Seems precarious to me.  I
insert the dolly after the piano is on the skid board.  The skid board is
tilted up from the tail end and held up (finding the point of balance helps
greatly) while the dolly is inserted at the balance point by a helper.  Of
course, the piano is strapped to the board at this time.  Most skid boards
will have grab straps on the sides (some are rope straps, some strap
material) allowing this maneuver.

Dennis Heshman
Hershman Piano Service