Customer Repairs I've Seen

Tunethepno@AOL.COM Tunethepno@AOL.COM
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 11:15:41 EDT

I've actually seen a couple of creative repairs by imaginative customers, but
the oddest one was by the owner of a fruit farm in Michigan who was used to
improvising everything.
There was a loose pin on the grand that his wife used for teaching. He got a
spare ratchet handle and a square socket, pulled the string up until his wife
said it was in tune, then wired the handle to one of the frame members. I
stifled the laughter when I saw it, it obviously was the result of a great
deal of thought, but I did talk them into a little better repair procedure.
John Stroup