Response/appeal to Control, Lust for Power, Fear, and Hatred

BDeTar@AOL.COM BDeTar@AOL.COM
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 17:56:21 EDT

Mr. Bremmer and list

With the belief that silence may be interpreted as agreement or acceptance, I
offer the following.

As a very active member of PTG for almost 25 years, and a member of this list
since shortly after its inception, I wish to state with the strongest
emphasis, my disdain for the intrusion your (Mr. Bremmer and this entire
thread) email represents to me.  I have refrained from commenting on similar
postings feeling that it would serve no useful purpose.  I can be silent no
longer.  When I witness the energy in and behind this thread, I feel both
saddened and appalled.  I must ask you, PLEASE STOP.

Consider that we are either part of the problem or part of the solution.
Please, READ YOUR EMAILS BEFORE YOU SEND THEM!  Writing can and is very
cathartic, but we MUST consider the impact on those reading the end result.
Many times, it may be best to write, read and discard that which can inflame
or impugn.  At other times, it may be appropriate to send it privately.

Although we can expect the occasional blip that individuals may send out, we
can all agree to not respond, or, if you must respond, respond out of
kindness and understanding.  We all make mistakes, but we also have the
ability to recognize it for what it is: a miss-take and therefore an
opportunity to do it different the next time.  A process to observe as we are
faced with decisions:  Examine how this position is serving you.  Ask
yourself what is to be gained by holding this position?  Finally, ask
yourself what is to be gained by releasing this position?

I read many of the posts on this list.  There are also many posts that I
delete before reading either because I am not interested in the subject or,
I'm sad to say, the author has proven to be out of integrity in the content
of the posts.  The delete key is just as fast as the send key!

To close, I acknowledge our right to free speech.  I implore all of us to be
responsible, respectful, and considerate in exercising that freedom.

I remain fraternally,

Brian De Tar, RPT
Portland, OR
BDeTar@aol.com