Pounders

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 09:39:26 EDT

In a message dated 6/2/99 11:54:08 PM !!!First Boot!!!, cedel@redrose.net
writes:

<< Are such tools commercially available?  If you made your own, how does
 it work out for you?  Can you give a brief description so I can make one
 myself?  Or isn't it worth the trouble?  Thanks in advance.

 Regards,
 Clyde Hollinger >>

I made a "pounder" for my wife. I took two bass hammers, and glued and
doweled them together  using the holes in the hammers. It works great.  I
also made an octave tool. I took two bass hammers, and spread them apart with
a dowel. The hammers are exactly one octave apart. To keep from getting a
thumb cramp, I attached a leather strap to the top of the contraption, so
that it can slip on the hand. This way, you ca use it without holding on to
it. To play an interval, just tip it to one side, and use a finger on what
ever note you want. (Did I just see something like this in the Journal?)

Wim Blees