Steinway Touchweight Problem

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 20:36:27 -0700

Stan,

I have to disagree with his majesty Newton in this case.  You
already have new shanks and flanges & hammers.  I think the
owner would like to not keep replacing parts.  I bet you need
to do some serious hammer filing on those Steinway puffball
hammers.  What you will get is a nice hammer that you will
likely have to juice some but the downweight will come down.
Also reduction of the molding will make a big difference.  I
would file first now that I've read through your post again.

David Ilvedson, RPT