An untrue from Steinway was Re: Do Steinways appreciate?

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 00:20:53 EDT

In a message dated 6/02/1999 7:36:27 PM, Wim wrote:

<< "But for the company to
promote that a customer should buy a Steinway over another instrument as an
investment that will appreciate in value more than any other instrument, is a
gross misrepresentation of the truth. ">>

Wim;
 I don't think that any other instrument appreciates in value or commands a
higher percentage used price than does S&S grands. There also is not any
other grand in as much demand as S&S grands. I can buy 65/70 year old
Chickering/Knabe/M&H, etc. for anywhere from 400 to 3500 dollars I can't
think of a single S&S grand that I can touch, of any age, for anywhere near
that amount.

 I don't know what Steinway says on their page or in their advertising..but
if they say anything like 'S&S grands hold their 'value' better than anything
else on the market and 'appreciate' in value better than anything else on the
market and are more 'expensive' to acquire than anything else on the used
market'...than I will agree with Steinway.
Jim Bryant (FL)