Steinway Touchweight Problem.. Mike J.

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 17:02:07 EDT

In a message dated 6/04/1999 4:29:22 PM, David I. wrote:

<<Renner Blues are
the most difficult to shape in my experience.>>

David;
 Blues, as well as Able Performance present a different problem during filing
in that the "normal" shoulder to crown motion doesn't work very well. However
once you get used to going from crown to shoulder you will not have any more
problems with either of these hammers.....although you DO have to pay
attention to the crown area that is desired more than on a "normal" set of
hammers such as Steinway. The crown kinda falls into place on those hammers
where as with Blues and Abel Performance they don't.
 At least this has been my experiance with these thingees. :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)