Pounders... why?

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Tue, 08 Jun 1999 17:22:17 -0400

Friends,

I don't know if the word "pounder" is original with me or not, but I
didn't know what else to call the thing people use instead of their
fingers to play a key while tuning.  I had no idea the thread would take
the turn it did, but that's the way these things go.  Someone told me
there was a thread on this tool some time ago, where it was referred to
as a bonker!  <G>  I think both terms leave something to be desired.

But someone referred to it as a "key striker."  I liked that.  Can we
make that official?

Clyde Hollinger

Michael Jorgensen wrote:
  The word pounding implies abuse,...