ECC needs your help!!

SprBil@AOL.COM SprBil@AOL.COM
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 23:06:05 EDT

Members of this list,

At long last, the much anticipated Piano Technician's Journal on CD ROM
project has a chance to happen.  The Electronic Communications Committee has
forwarded 3 competitive bids to put 20 years, count 'em, 20 years of the
Journal on CD ROM to the HO for discussion by PTG Board of Directors in KC.
We figure the estimated purchase cost for members of PTG will be around $100
per CD.  The amazing part of all this is that it can be in HTML format,
making yearly updates easy.  Basically, the info in the update would be
stored on your hard drive, so there won't be a lot of "disk swapping" to deal
with.  Can you imagine being able to download yearly updates?

If you want this to happen it is very important to let your regional
representatives and board members know that you support the project.  We
estimate the "break even" point to be around 500 unit sales.  This represents
a large chunk of change to our organization, but IMHO, will be a very good
investment, especially given the rapid growth of the WWW and the increasing
access to digital media.

Let your voice be heard!  Help this project will succeed!

Bill Springer, RPT
ECC Chair