SHARP pianos

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Wed, 09 Jun 1999 19:32:08 -0300

Hi Clyde,
I make a point of writing the temperature and humidity on the bill, when I
tune a piano.
That way I know why the pitch is where it is the next time I tune. I also
indicate to the customer that the pitch will change with humidity, so they
expect to see a change if the humidity has changed.
The smaller ones have shown a more drastic change, in pitch.
I use the electronic unit put out by Dampp-Chaser, although Radio Shack
carries a similar unit.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada