lindner parts

DChadPiano@AOL.COM DChadPiano@AOL.COM
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 00:44:15 EDT

In a message dated 6/9/99 3:59:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Wimblees@AOL.COM
writes:

<<
 << Do yourself a favour here. Burn the piano at midsummers day. We have
  here probably one of the worst cases of  Piano shaped objects ever made.
  For a while techs over here were attempting to simply replace both
  action and keys with wood parts. In the end it simply is not worth the
  time and effort. Lindners simply disintegrate given about 20 years.

  Richard Brekne

 Actually it's not for me. It's for a small dealer who bought one, and is now
 trying to fix it to sell. I tried to tell him to burn it, but he doesn't
give
 up that easy.

 Wim

Wim,
 I also join the others in their opinion of the Irish made piano. The dealer
I do work for took one in on trade and asked me to "make it feel better" so
they could re-sell. All I could do was pray that I wasn't going to break some
plastic things. There was a note pasted to the inside on the plastic tuning
pin cover that said "If you need parts, contact the airport in Shannon
Ireland." That was it!...........The piano was sold to a poor family for
$100.00 and I was called to make one final tuning.YECH!  It was in tact but
spacing was impossible and the mechanism worked but was complete waste of
time and no amount of regulating seemed to yield anything good! A good
candidate for the Trebuchet.

David Chadwick
Las Vegas