price query

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 21:21:17 EDT

>>>Ed
>>
>>Current retail price for a Steinway 45" vertical is easily $16,000.
>>fabulous price!
>>
>I wouldn't pay $1600 for it.

Greetings,
    I posted the $1600 because the last two of that vintage I saw were poor
instruments, and I couldn't recommend the buyer pay more than that for them.
When the additional work of string seating, regulation, voicing, new dampers,
and a lot of tuning, is factored in, I wouldn't want one of my customers to
be into these things for more than $2500.
   Has anybody seen a used one of this vintage sell for more than $3,000?
Regards,
Ed