Agraffed Bridges

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 19:29:51 EDT

In a message dated 6/14/99 8:22:59 PM !!!First Boot!!!, richardb@c2i.net
writes:

<< But I did notice the presence of a kind of
 Agraffe on the bass bridge, instead of bridge pins. Its been some time since
 last ran into one of these, and I didnt have the benifit of all the
interesting
 posts I have now from this list back then.

 I am wondering then, what kind of effect such agraffes would have on the
tonal
 quality. (assumeing they could be made to be just as longlasting and
effective as
 bridge pins).  For that matter, what would be the results of changing the
pin size
 (mass) on pinned bridges ?

 Richard Brekne
 ICPTG >>

Sohmer made a number of these kinds of pianos. For the most part, I think
they have a kind of howling tone. I have thought about replacing the bridges,
but that's a lot of work, and I am not sure if the over all quality of the
piano is worth it.

Willem Blees RPT
St. Louis