The Piano Hammer in Spanish is Macillo, Martillo o Martinete?

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:39:40 EDT

 << In a message dated 6/15/99 12:46:02 AM Central Daylight Time,
degen@telcel.net.ve writes:

 << Francisco

  The three of them are right

  In Venezuela we call them Martillo or Martinete

  I think I saw my colleagues from Argentina and Spain telling them Macillo

  so it is your choice

  Elian Degen >>

 (English translation follows)

 Paco,

 Como dice Elian, los tres son correctos.  La nomenclatura de la tecnologia
del piano no es normailisada de un pais al otro.  Por ejemplo, los franceses
y los quebequeces usan palabras distintas ałn que los ingleses y americanos.

 Lo que es correcto es lo que es normal en su pais.  Es un problema solamente
cuando se comunica con gente de otros paises.

 saludos,
 Bill Bremmer RPT
 Madison, Wisconsin

 English translation of above:

 Paco,

 As Elian says, the three are correct.  Piano nomenclature is not
standardized from one country to another.  For example, the French and the
Quebecers use different words as do the British and Americans.

 That which is correct is that which is in common use in your country.  There
is only a problem when you try to communicate with people from another
country.

 Regards,
 Bill Bremmer RPT
 Madison, WI