Speed

Ola Andersson pianoola@hotmail.com
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 13:40:36 GMT

Hey list

I love you

I been watching you for a while now and I'm reddy for a question again.
I'm green and it's maybe a stupid question but I go for it.
It's popular to end a simple question with "please mail me privately" but
then other fresh anonymus tuners like me want get the clever answers so why
don't answer on the list and let the advanced use the delete button.
Thats my opinion.

The Question is.

Some of you can tune 20 pianos a day I've read.
And some of you can sit 8 hours  to tune a piano for a concert or a tuning
exam Ive read.

What is a normal customer paying for?
Why is the exam so long when it doesn't fit with reality?
Is it a goal for me to be able to tune a piano in 20 minutes and is it some
thing to be proud of?
Where is the compromise between a goodtuning and a fast tuning?
Is there a difference in time and price tuning a normal piano or tuning a
concert or recording grand?

Locking forward for response

Thanks

Ola "Slowhand" Andersson