Speed

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:24:51 -0600

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 02:27:10 +0000 Ola Andersson <o-anders@online.no>
writes:
>Well I know I just wanted to take it to the extremes so I could get my
>question
>more colorful.
>It was fantastic stories you and some other delivered. Well I think
>you should be
>proud.

PROUD???????  I hardly think so.  There was nothing at all special about
the quality of the work as the tunings were much more "touch-ups" than
tunings - and that was all that was expected of me.  The hardest part of
that kind of work for me is KNOWING that I am leaving a piano below the
tuning that it should be.  Unfortunately, there is the restraint of time
and I could do only what "X" number of minutes would allow. (The
unexpected repairs always add to that stress as they take up more time
that you have alloted for the tuning procedures.)
GLAD??????  very.  very, very, very, very glad when the job was done.
Than volume of work is very stressful and hard on this guy's body and
mind - even with an ETD.
Just to humor you - can you believe that after about 10 pianos, while
taking a 15 minute break, someone came in and offered to turn on a stereo
music system for me to "enjoy" while taking a break???? :-(

John R. Fortiner
Billings, MT.