S&S green goop

ChrisRis@AOL.COM ChrisRis@AOL.COM
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 01:56:37 EDT

While we're on the subject, just what IS vertigris???  The story I personally
like best is that a drop of sperm whale oil was put on each bushing to
'stabilize' it, and over time a fungus fed on the oil producing 'vertigris'
(which then isn't truly vertigris).  I've graduated from the brass pin
corrosion theory, because the brass is plated and if you clean a vertigris
encrusted pin the plating is still shiny, covering the brass completely.  I'm
ready for THE definitive answer to this question!

Regards,

Christopher