Frequency accuracy

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 01:43:48 -0500

----------
> From: Robert Scott <rscott@wwnet.net>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Frequency accuracy
> Date: Thursday, June 17, 1999 3:36 PM

..

> Also, someone mentioned the use of the dial tone as a pitch reference.  It
> seems that in many areas of the USA, the dial tone is a major
> third (F-A).  Some years ago I tried to get our local phone company to
> commit to what the accuracy of that A-440 was, but they could give me no
> assurances that any particular accuracy would be maintained.
>
> Robert Scott
> Ann Arbor, Michigan

Oh no wonder my little Korg DT-1 kept jumping from F to A ! !   Tomorrow I will feed
it into Tunelab.  (hehheh)   Of course I don't have "perfect pitch" or long ago
would have recognized the dial tone as A or at least an F--A major triad.  Yes
comparing with  my Juno 60 synth (antique already?)  it sounds closer to  F--A than
just A440 here in the mid mid west of South Dakota.

ric