Sauter vertical

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 21:08:05 EDT

<<>David;
> How thick are the cork inserts?
>Jim Bryant (FL)

List and Jim-

Approximately 5 mm or so. My friend said the pins are very small.>>

David;
 Cork this thick will'probably' have to come from an indutrial supply house I
think. Even if they have a good quality of cork I think that tearing it while
punching 'could' be a significant problem......if you dedecide to go the cork
route I would punch the small(pin) hole first and then the larger insert
sized hole. Another possibility is to use two layers of thinnner cork, this
is available from Home Depot, school supply houses etc.. This 'might' be the
better choice anyway as you could alternate the grain patterns and thereby
tend to make a stronger insert.
  I believe I personally would go the leather route due to greater forgivness
of working with leather than cork.

Good luck and let us know what you end up doing and how it turned out....
Jim Bryant (FL)