Mediterranean Jazz Cruise, message #2

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 13:27:40 -0400

Dear Ms. Thomas,

My earlier response was a little too quick, I think.

I am very interested in being able to do such a cruise.

Just the prospect of such an event is exciting!

I had volunteered for a similar cruise of classical music steaming out
of New York some 20 years ago but was not taken up on my offer.

I do have a tuxedo, one I purchased to sue on stage when I was singing
with the Rutgers Community Chorus.  I got tired of paying $100 to use
a tux for one night.  This will allow me to attend the performances
and take care of any problem if they occur.

I am separated, have few family obligations, I am retired, on a
disability that will not effect my ability to attend to my duties, so
I have unfettered time to devote to such a project.

I have chronic fatigue syndrome which does not allow me to work full
time for more than a day or two.  Once I have tuned and prepared the
pianos it should take only a couple of hours a day to maintain them at
performance level.  Mechanical maintenance may take an additional two
hours if there are problems with the instruments.  This would
represent half of full time and is easily doable by me without
adversely effecting my body.

My passport is in order, my shots are current except for hepatitis B
or C or specific regional requirements, my general health is good and
I enjoy socializing with people, especially those who enjoy music.

I may well be over weight allowance for international flights since I
will be taking a tool case likely to weight 30 pounds or more plus my
personal effects.  I tend to travel light because I like to handle my
luggage myself still weight is an issue to consider.

I would like information about the pianos aboard ship.  Their make,
models, age and current condition, if you can get that information
(yeah, right 8>)).  It will be helpful in selecting tools and
supplies.  I would also appreciate knowing who the performers will
be.  This will give me an idea of how best to prepare the pianos.

I am 59 years old, reasonably personable, not unattractive, reasonably
fit, 185 pounds, blond, light complexioned, 5'10", enjoy eating,
music, reading, computers, walking, conversation and social
gatherings.  I do not smoke, drink one glass of wine per day because I
am mildly diabetic so restrict my alcohol intake (no beer or strong
spirits).  I do not eat carbohydrates because they raise my blood
sugar too high, but I do eat nuts, meats, vegetables and fruits.

I have traveled extensively within the US and I have been to Canada,
Mexico, Cuba and Austria.

I can send you a scan of my passport when you wish and will be happy
to supply any additional information, professional or personal, that
my need.

I apologize for taking up your time with any likely irrelevancies.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

		Newton J. Hunt