Tuner laws in Norway

David Renaud studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 20:07:26 -0700

Paul Plumb wrote:

>  But I have no desire to be an RPT just to put it on my business
> card and look more important and give the government some reason to
> "regulate" the piano business to "protect" the public.  ...........
> Paul Plumb, B.Mus.,
> Plumb Pianos

   May I suggest you try the tuning exam despite the way you feel
,you might be surprised.
    I found the exams most educational. Despite a decade of tuning
what I learned improved my skills significantly, and in my second
round I passed with significantly higher scores in certain areas.
   In fact I plan on doing it again someday, just to see a few things.
If we refused to regulate ourselves, perhaps someday someone
will do it for us.
                                  Cheers
                                  Dave Renaud
                                  RPT