internet phone chat line

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 20:46:13 PDT

Hi Jim,
  One program is called ICQ (I seek you), I can send you an invitation to
download the program, it is free.  Another program is QTalk.  ICQ seems to
be a communications manager program, it is possible to "chat" in real time
by typing messages in ICQ, and it keeps track of all kinds of messages,
addresses, etc.  I've only had it awhile and last night was able to chat
with Brian in South Africa, it was fun.  QTalk allows you to talk with
another user who has all the necessary equipment, soundcard, microphone,
speaker, etc.  I haven't succeeded in using it yet, but you can find it and
download it from www.qtalka.com.   ICQ manages QTalk.
   According to Brian Lawson's msg. to pianotech on Fri, 18 Jun, the weekly
icq piano chat is Fridays at 8pm (+2gmt) or about 1pm east coast USA.  I
don't know how to access it yet, but there's a week to find out in!
   good luck, Diane