PTG Members

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 22:00:31 +0200

Jeannie Grassi wrote:

> Richard,
> I see you have recently signed up as an International Correspondent.
> Why not join as a full member and also take your exams?  We do have
> RPTs living abroad.  You are not limited to your IC status.  Why not
> plan on taking the exams when you're in the states next month?
> Since you have previously benefited from association with PTG members
> here in Seattle, I would think you would be anxious to join as a full
> member by now.
>
> Jeannie Grassi, RPT
> mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net
> Bainbridge Island, WA

Hi Jeannie.. Thanks for thinking about this. Actually I have been trying
to arrange to take the test with Curtis Spiel in Seattle. He has just
informed me that no-one in Seattle will be able to arrange for the tuning
test, tho he can administer the other two parts. He is checking in
Portland area for me. But if you know of anyone who can assist me in this
I would appreciate the help. Just friday I took and passed the Norwegian
version, and am now a full fledged member of the Norwegian Pianostemmer
and Tekniker Forbund (association). So I feel like I should have a
reasonable chance of making the PTG test (even tho the PTG detunes in
such a strange fashion.) At the very least the experience and comparision
would be enlightening. So by all means if you have any way of helping me
arrange this, get in contact with Curtis and see what can be done.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.   N.P.T.F