West 301 for Pin treat?

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 17:50:14 +0200

Robert Goodale wrote:

> BSimon1234@AOL.COM wrote:
>
> > Some people on this list have mentioned that they have used Epo-Tek #301
> > epoxy. ( from Epoxy Technology)
>
> > <snip>
>
> > Has anyone used it (#301) as a pinblock treatment while the pins were still
> > in place? Apparently it is very thin.
> >
> > Bill Simon
> > Phoenix
>

> As far as using it for pin blocks I have never heard of such a thing.  I suppose
> you could try it.
>
> Rob Goodale, RPT

Rob.. Lots of guys use this for relative major pin block repair. The best results I
personally have seen are done from filling the holes, banging in the tuning pins you
just removed, and letting it stand a couple days. Then re-remove the pins, brush out
the holes with a brass brush attached to a drill (dont over do it) and yer set.
Wouldnt recommend this on a 9 foot Steinway but..if its a cheap easy fix appropriate
piano thingy.. this works ok.

Richard Brekne

I.C.P.T.G   N.P.T.F