Upright Action Mounts

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 22:32:03 +0200

Brian Trout wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> I don't know if you will be able to find it while you're here, but there's a
> guy in the States named Jeff Jewitt.  He put out a book and one or two
> companion videos on hand finishing.  If I remember, they're not all that
> expensive, and they sound like just what you're looking for.  (The videos
> are really good, because you can _see_ what he's talking about, and witness
> him doing what it says in the book.)  A picture is worth a thousand words,
> so a video could be pretty near priceless!  :-)  Definitely worth checking
> out.  "Hand-Applied Finishes" I think it is, but don't hold me to that
> exactly.  He does a section on French polishing as well as using shellac,
> lacquer, and perhaps a couple of others, all by hand.  He's definitely a
> master of his craft.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Brian Trout
> Quarryville, Pa.
> btrout@desupernet.net

Once again Brian I gots to thank you for your input. What a guy <grin> I'll
check this one out while I am there, and if nothing else it looks like I can
order it directly on the net. Wish I was gonna be able to be in K.C. whilst in
the states, would be a gas meeting you all. Have a good summer.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.   N.P.T.F.