Super glue to fill gaps

lance lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 16:49:18 -0500

I was wondering how others felt about superglue as a gap filler on this
repair.  I did a bridge repair a couple of months ago.  The bridge had come
unglued from the apron.  I got glue into the bridge/apron joint, then
countersunk a screw to hold it with the head about 1/16" below the surface
of the bridge top.  I had no epoxy on hand and not enough room for a dowel,
so I filled the space above the screw head with superglue since some string
would pass over the space and I wanted it to be hidden.  I sanded it flat,
graphited, burnished, and restrung.  How do you think this use of superglue
might work over time?  Should I do it again?  It was rock hard, I couldn't
seem to chip it and it looked pretty good.  Thanks.

LANCE LAFARGUE, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANO SERVICES
New Orleans Chapter
Mandeville, LA.
II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II
lafargue@iamerica.net

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to
make them all yourself."