Super glue to fill gaps

lance lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 13:47:47 -0500

Thanks Brian,

I used Tite-bond for the actual bridge/apron joint then screwed it down.  I
only used the superglue to fill in the top of the screw for cosmetic
reasons and to give a solid footing for the whole string. I then McLube
1708'd it and you can't see the repair.
LANCE LAFARGUE, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANO SERVICES
New Orleans Chapter
Mandeville, LA.
_________________________________
II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II
lafargue@iamerica.net

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to
make them all yourself."

----------
> From: Brian Trout <btrout@desupernet.net>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Super glue to fill gaps
> Date: Wednesday, June 23, 1999 7:54 PM
>
> Hi Lance,
>
> Depending upon the bridge, it may do just fine.
>
> If only one end of the bridge was loose, then only one end got reglued.
> suppose that it would still be possible for the other end to come
unglued,
> but there's no sense loosing sleep over that one.  It hasn't happened
yet,
> and may never.
>
> I like your idea of putting a screw in to hold the thing in place.  I do
put
> screws in most of my bass bridge duplications, mostly for ease, speed and
> alignment in gluing the thing together.  (I put them in from the bottom
> (under side, or back side) when the bridge and apron are out of the
piano,
> so they're not visible after installation.)  I've never done one from the
> top (front) like you did, but I see no problem with it as you describe.
I'd

?