Gray Market Blues

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 17:42:01 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Wim,
Yea, it occurred to me that he was possibly generating unreported income, or
at the very least avoiding any possibility of dealer warranty issues by
being just an "individual". This guy has been operating in this area for
years, and will probably continue to do so until a *customer* either sues
him out of existence or shoots him outright. I've already got enough
problems trying to keep up with what I'm doing without starting wars with
the dark side of the Force. Consider that the prospective customer actually
reconsidered buying the piano at the reduced price even after what I'd told
him. I looked at one of this guy's pianos, for a potential buyer, about six
years ago, that had a thoroughly collapsed board and sounded terrible. I
told them everything I could about the long term prognosis for the piano but
they bought it anyway. I don't know who tunes it for them now, possibly that
"premier" tech. The only way I can see to win this game is not to play.

 Ron