lyre placement

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 16:20:46 -0500 (CDT)

Hi List,

A quick question if you will, for Del or anyone else with appropriate specs.
I'm locating a generic replacement lyre (don't have the original), and re
engineering all the trapwork levers and such. I've got the shift stuff under
control, if my lever ever gets here, and everything else is a pretty
straightforward matter of keeping the leverage proportions in the ball park
and fitting it in the available space. I do have one problem though. It
seems to me that there should be a standard range of fore/aft pedal front
placement relative to the front of the keybed, since this thing is supposed
to fit (nominally) human operators. My old Baldwin L measures about 350mm,
and the original on what I'm working on looked to be about 250mm, which
struck me as kind of close. Then again, perhaps it's a diagonal measurement
from key front to pedal tip. Can someone educate me a little here please.

 Ron