Disney & Sons

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 16:46:07 -0500

Doug Hershberger wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>    You are right, they did have a Wurlitzer shop of some kind although I
> wasn't around then. There still is a very unusal Wurlitzer 7 ft grand
> backstage. It looks like hell and is still being used in the Rehearsal Hall.

Doug, I recall reading somewhere that there used to be a single note model of a
piano action on display sometime during the first couple of years of the parks
opening, (1955-57 perhaps).  I think it was in a science exhibit of some sort.
A microphone was connected to an oscilloscope so that guests could "see" the
A-440.  Could you verify this story?  Any other details?

Rob Goodale, RPT
Former Mickey Mouse man.

P.S.  When I departed the company I left behind a great legacy that I'm sure
they still talk about.  I accidently dumped a large bucket of elephant pee,
(from the "Circus Fantasy" parade), into the audiance.  True story, no joke!!
Ahh, the good ol' days!