Very Strange Piano

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 09:13:36 -0600

Elian,
Nice to look at piano.
Joe Goss

----------
From: Elian Degen J. <degen@telcel.net.ve>
To: pianotech@ptg.org; MPT <MPT@talklist.com>
Subject: Very Strange Piano
Date: Tuesday, June 29, 1999 10:21 PM

Hello List et All

Today I was called to see a piano (Picture Attached

Manufacturer  Wilhem Spaethe  Serial No 2777

City Gera, Reuss.  ? ... where is that ?

Model Höhe ...

Presumed end last century, I could not find info about it.

The owners asked me to restore it. I checked the piano, and amazingly
Soundboard, Bridge, Crown, are in excellent condition, even as it is sound
is superb.

Excellent Keyboard condition  Real Ivory and Ebony

The owner says there are only 2 of them in the word.

Needs whole set of strings. Pinblock and tuning pins. Hammers (which I
would like to have custom made if possible the same as the Bass Strings)
Needs dampers, center pins, and almost all the felt parts..

I will be grateful for any information on any similar situation, and about
the piano makers and factory.

After checking the instrument I consider it worth it but opinions are
welcome

Elian