2 things I've learned

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@roadrunner.com
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:39:54 -0600

At 01:00 PM 6/29/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I have been asked by a respected colleague to state 2 things that I have
learned
>since I have become a Piano Technician. I thought it was an interesting
question,
>and it might be good food for thought for my fellow beginners in this field.

<SNIP>
>This is a good field to be in. My initial reaction to this field when I
started
>asking questions 3 years ago was not good. I was met by alot of closed doors
>locally. I have not forgotten that. Those few, and I do mean few, who left
their
>door ajar for me will always have my respect, whether they are Guild
members or
>not. I don't hold a grudge, but certain things you just don't forget.
>Phil

List, Phil,
	Great answers, and not really what I expected. Very valid "things" to have
learned, though, and extremely necessary.
	Since I was the "colleague" that sorta asked you to do pennance by making
your post, I'll chime in with my two coolest things from the last couple of
years.
One: has to be the whole concept of action saturation, as explained by Del.
Thanks, Del. It was actually a curiously sore spot until your articles came
out. Has changed more about how I regulate than anything I ever learned
before.
Two: Steam voicing. Still can't believe it, and I've used it very
successfully on grands and uprights. Way cool! Thanks to Susan Kline and
Roger Jolly, and the fine emergency room nurses and techs at .... nevermind.

So.... anyone else??
Don't wimp out, the Rook needs to be kept honest and humble. ;^)

Guy Nichols, always a rook.