14 broken strings in a month

Don Mannino donmannino@mediaone.net
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 06:51:49 -0800

Carolyn,

This happens because the strings are getting fatigued, and the hammers are more worn. The action regulation may also have drifted to the point where it is contributing to the problem.

Also, the pianist may be working on an especially vigorous piece of music lately.

Replace the affected strings, shape the hammers, and regulate the action, and the problem will be reduced.

Don Mannino