A Question re: Stealing Customers??

PIANOSSSSS@AOL.COM PIANOSSSSS@AOL.COM
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 18:24:41 EST

Brian,

I was in the oil business for nearly 30 years and much of that time worked as
a product manager.  Part of my job was to interact with the competition in a
friendly sort of way.  There was always a boondoggle to attend at which time
you made friends in the industry on whom you could call for help from time to
time.

The piano business is in my opinion the same thing.  We get together in a
friendly atmosphere, a place to get help and to help.  If you loose a customer
to another tech, this is the way life is.  You could wind up with one of their
customers next time.

I was recently in the hospital and several techs offered to help.  Could I
loose a customer because my client liked them better?  Yes, they could.  Would
these techs go after the customers that they helped me with?  No, I don't
think so.

Are all Guild members honorable?  Probably not but I would trust many in my
chapter to help me in time of trouble and not to knowingly give me bad
information.

It took me quite sometime to warm up to the Guild and now I am an RPT, Vice
President of my chapter and am proud to advertise that I am a member of the
PTG.  So join us, you'll love it!