Steinway pin block removal

Tunethepno@AOL.COM Tunethepno@AOL.COM
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 09:18:29 EST

	I have a question that probably has an obvious answer, but I may be a little
leery of that answer.
	I have replace pin blocks  on several makes of piano, and I have restrung
several S&S's. Now I have a Steinway ("M" I think) that has a pin block with
the laminations seperating. There are no obvious screws to remove the block.
Do I drill out what look like dowels on the treble end and then cut/chisel/pry
or whatever it takes, or is there a less violent way to get the old one out?
	Also, I was considering Delegnit instead of a S&S hexplank, is that a
reasonable substitute?
	Thanks, and if I make it to KC, I hope to meet some of you in person.
		John Stroup
		South Bend, Ind.