pitch raise

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 09:20:29 -0600 (CST)

>Hi all,
>Observed in an old upright last week. Tuners name that I can not remember
>and tuned 1916 A 435. This piano was designed for that pitch. Does tuning
>at a higher pitch cause early failure of the sound board?
>Joe Goss

No, I don't see how, but you've got me curious. In the interest of getting
some real figures, I'll try to get to working out the difference in loading
between 435 and 440 this evening to try to see just how critical this is.
Incidentally, It's way too late to cause early failure of a soundboard built
prior to 1916, whatever you do to it. %-)

 Ron