1810 to 1999

Lawsonic Pianoforte Services lawsonic@global.co.za
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 20:41:14 +0200

writes
> >-----------
> >
> >Barrie,
> >
> >I think it also had something to do with a failure to attend to
business.  They
> >were a very difficult company to deal with.
>
> Tell me about it.......  took them 9 month to design and produce 3 one
> octave grand damper models and some 3 note upright and grand models but
> worth waiting for. It took Renner 16 weeks to do the same job.

Warning sign; for me when you dont hear from a person, or area - something
else is going on......

> The new grand action was nice,  David  did a lot of work on it, they
> were short staffed in the office cost cutting by Harmany, I was let to
> believe.

Wrong way - dont cut back and enforce an economy when things get bad - you
promote and you produce!

> David was not only the MD but the chef designer as well. He always
> seemed to be very stress out, when I phoned.  But very helpful when you
> got to speak to him.  I was told the other day that if the receivers are
> willing that a small company may be set up, but I doubt it having the HB
> name as they left debts of over 3 million.

Then someone clever should buy the HB  name - ie the American "Stedson"
Hat, the name was bought years ago by some other hat making company, it the
name that sells

Just some thoughts

Brian Lawson
Lawsonic Pianoforte Services